Monday, July 27, 2009

Fion's Full Moon celebration


Today, my daughter, Fion turns one month old. It's already one month, and my confinement has finally over. We celebrated Fion's full moon last Saturday as my hubby wanted to throw a buffet party for her. We invited our colleagues and friends. My parents-in-law came over too. It was a great party to meet all my friends and colleagues after a month of prison at home.

Unfortunately, I was too busy until I forgot to take photos for the event. Worse was I even forgot to snap some photos of Fion. Never mind, I will take it today as it's her official one month old today.

There were quite a number of people attended the party. It's wasn't a big crowd as my hubby expected but I was satisfied as some close friends came over for the event. I even baked brownies, made jelly (agar-agar) and cooked Japanese curry chicken for the buffet. The buffet turned out to be a success but there were still a lot of leftover food. And I wanted to give the food away for charity to the old folks' home to celebrate Fion's full moon, but it was deffered by my mother-in-law. She said don't waste the food, and I was thinking how could you say it's wasting food when we want to do some charity to donate the good food to old folks' home. It's called charity and it's doing good bu sharing the happy event with other unfortunate people. My idea was turned down by my mother-in-law and she insisted that we all ate and finished the food for dinner time. I was so pissed off especially when my hubby just kept quiet like a church mouse and just follow instructions from his mother. I had already told my hubby to bring my parents-in-law and my brother-in law out for dinner as they traveled so far up to Penang and he should be responsible to bring them eat some Penang local good food. And I became invinsible to him when his parents came and forgot all the suggestions I gave him.

Angrily and quietly, I went into the room with my both kids. I have no eyes to see anymore, and my ears were too hot to listen to my mother-in-law words. My mother has told me that it's a custom for our family to bring the full moon baby and mother out for a stroll just like during my Eric's full moon celebration. My parents-in-law were very stubborn and very traditional "kampong" style people and worse was my hubby who was the father of the baby just kept in silence. I was so frustrated with him. He always made me angry when his parents were around. I became invinsible to him and my words were not heed by him. Sometimes I think the Tee family has communication problem. The son doesn't know how to communicate with his parents. And when I approach him to ask him speak to his parents on the suggestion or idea, he just kept quiet and did not respond to me.

So the day which started with happiness was followed by frustration again after the buffet ended. It has spoilt my entire mood. In the end I decided only to focus taking care of my 2 kids and kept my 2 kids happy. I left all the plan and arrangement to my hubby for his family though my hubby sucks at planning.

Anyway, I was happy that my Fion is growing well and here is the latest 1 month old snapshot of her.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered By Blogger

Irene's Diary ~bittersweet life~ Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino